Candidate Statement - Edgewood Park
Born and raised in Redwood City, I attended local public schools (Hawes ‘86, Kennedy ‘88, and Woodside ‘92). Together with my husband, Tom, we are raising two sons, Thomas and Daniel. The Umhofer’s owned and operated an independent, small Redwood City business - Fred’s Garage - for 25 years and they also own several small, investment properties (multi-family and commercial).
I was raised by a working, single mother, who often experienced the emotional and financial stress associated with rent increases and evictions. As a mother myself, I recognize that families and communities are only as strong as the volunteers that support them and for that reason, I have dedicated a large proportion of my free time volunteering regularly for local non-profit organizations, schools, and churches.
I my past and present experiences as a Redwood City student, tenant, landlord, community volunteer and small business owner gives me a unique and broad perspective on the many challenges facing Redwood City today.
Statements taken from Candidate site and Redwood Cities election page
Endorsements by current officials, for a complete list please visit here
- Janet Borgens, Redwood City Councilmember
- Ernie Schmidt, Redwood City Planning Commission
- Lindamarie Rodriguez Roche, Chair, Historic Resources Advisory Committee, Redwood City
- John Lee Stewart, Architectural Advisory Committee, former Historic Resources Advisory Committee, Redwood City
- Alma Montalvo, Housing & Human Concerns Committee, Redwood City
- Paul Demers, Parks Recreation & Community Services Commission, Redwood City
- Matt Greenberg, Parks Recreation & Community Services Commission, Redwood City
- Bonnie Miller, former Chair, Housing & Human Concerns Committee, Redwood City
- Pat Black, former Parks Recreation & Community Services Commission, Redwood City
- Billy James, former Senior Affairs Commission, Redwood City
Contributions: Total raised through 9/22/2018 - $17,172.39
For a full list of contributors through the first part of the year go here if you cannot see the pdf on this page